Most couples now have a dance lesson in preparation for this toe curling experience! But it doesn’t have to be. Some of the best first dances we have seen are where the couple have had some fun with it. You dont have to be great dancers, a good dance teacher will help you choose a dance or routine that works best for the two of you.
We have enjoyed seeing couples do a waltz to ‘The way you look tonight’, a strictly style salsa, a moody tango, a fun Elvis routine to a ever favourite energetic Bhangra. It doesn’t have to be the age old prim and proper but something fun that you as well as the guests can remember for a long time. A fun first dance kicks the dancing off in great style.
Weddings, whilst honouring the tradition and sanctity of the commitment being made are becoming less formilaic as couples put more of a stamp on the day. Dance floor goodies get guests in a fun mood, encourage dancing and give guests something to interact about. Try things like masquerade masks or fun sunglasses!
Here’s our pick of some ‘First Dance’ numbers for you –
5 English Songs:
- When You Say Nothing at All by Ronan Keating
- What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
- Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
- You Drive Me Crazy by Shakin Stevens
- Endless Love by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie
- Chura Liya Hai Tumne Jo Dil Ko from Yaadon ki Baraat
- Bahara from I Hate Luv Stories
- Tum Jo Aaye from Once Upon A Time In Mumbai
- Tumse Milke from Parinday
- Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaaye from Jurm