Tired of the old ‘dinner and movie’ date? A sudden cash crunch shouldn’t be a justification to not turn a rendezvous with your loved one into a luxurious affair. Use some imagination to infuse excitement to your dating rituals, even on a ‘broke’ day coming up with perfect excuses to hold hands, ‘accidently’ falling on top of each other and cosying up should be a piece of cake for the ingenious guy. So here are a few points to turn a mundane evening out into a romantic roller coaster without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Going on a picnic is an amazing date idea. Find a secluded spot where the two of you could be alone. It could be by a lake, a park or a spot overlooking the city. Don’t forget to carry a mat large enough for two so you can’t feel the prickly grass under you. Also bring along a picnic basket filled with leftovers lying in the fridge to feed each other. You can then stretch out, chat and watch the clouds and maybe the sunset together! It is a fun and a romantic way to connect with each other too!
- Couple games are another fun and free of charge way to spend time together and communicate, which is ideally the essence of a perfect date. At first you may feel that the games are ‘childish’ in nature, but once you give it a shot, you will discover the excitement of engaging in some competitive fun with your loved one. Choose your word games, board games or kiss and tell games depending on your mood and preference. There are a number of options available online where you can choose from games that will make both of you tumble down laughing or games that can turn a dull evening into a steamy one!
- Make your own music! Take your lady out for a walk, window shopping and then go to the top of an apartment building. When she is least expecting it, grab her hand, gaze into her eyes and ask her for a dance. Place one earplug in her ear and one in yours and just enjoy the romantic moment. It’s rest assured that she will be swooning to your tunes for a long, long time!
- Rather than eating out at a fancy restaurant with a light wallet, stay in and make dinner together. You don’t need to spend a fortune to craft a quality meal. Set the mood by creating a romantic atmosphere with music wafting through the room. Since romance is the key, spend the night alone with each other laying side by side, getting massages. Nothing is more relaxing and sensual like having your body and skin indulged.
- Take a camera with you on your date. Keep asking people to take your photo and make it a point to pose with different expressions (funny, romantic et al) every time the camera clicks. On your next date, after the photos are developed, make a collage together of your beautiful date which will remain a testimony to the love that you share.
- Skip the romantic comedy that has just hit the theaters and opt for a classic instead. Grab some popcorn, dim the lights, get under the quilt and enjoy a romantic classic that will transport you to the bygone era of the grand passionate onscreen love stories. Go all nostalgic and misty-eyed with Hollywood classics like Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, Breakfast at Tiffany’s or choose from our Bollywood sagas such as Mughal-E-Azam, Awara, Pakeezah and more.
Creativity is key here. It is not always about the fanciest, most elaborate or most expensive date plans that can impress your beloved. The primary objective should be to catch up and drown out the noise of your hectic lives. Truly thoughtful and imaginative date ideas, without breaking the bank are therefore not impossible. Just give them a shot and unravel the ways in which your love will come running into your arms for more!